We appreciate our WEA-Retired and Pre-Retired Members!
Your retirement does not have to be the end of your connection to WEA. WEA-Retired and pre-retired members share decades of experience in our schools to help improve public education in Washington. We support public education and the enhancement of the quality of life for WEA's active and retired members. WEA-Retired membership allows you to access WEA and NEA member benefits for the rest of your life.
When you join WEA-Retired as a life member April 1-30, 2022 you will receive a $50 rebate from WEA-Retired!
Certificated life membership is $550 (before the rebate), and the ESP/Classified life membership is $430 (before the rebate). To receive the WEA-Retired rebate after joining, the new pre-retired member needs to forward the email receipt from WEA to Neva Luke, our financial director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2022.
Some benefits of WEA-Retired membership
- Membership is for a lifetime in a powerful, active retiree organization that understands the value of public education and unions because of its affiliation with WEA. (WEA-Retired is the only retiree organization with this affiliation.)
- Membership includes eligibility for NEA Member Benefits such as credit card and insurance programs, including the $1,000,000 liability insurance if you choose to work as a substitute educator, and WEA’s Attorney Referral Program offers two free 30-minute consultations a year.
- Membership provides opportunities to continue advocating for the rights of retired educators, current educators, and public school students. Your voice still matters!
- Membership provides access to AIG/VALIC financial advisors for a 360 Plan with a complete evaluation of your financial needs for FREE.
- Membership establishes access to leadership opportunities and training for lifelong learning!
- Membership creates camaraderie with other educators.
- Membership offers involvement as part of WEA-Retired; you can attend local chapter lunch programs, help out at pre-retirement seminars, join current educators at events within UniServ Councils and WEA, and other endless possibilities.
- Membership informs you about education and issues important to retired educators. You will receive WEA and NEA newsletters and other informative materials.
- Membership flows seamlessly from pre-retired to retired status.
WEA-Retired members for the WEA-Sammamish UniServ Council are represented by Mike Coleman. You can reach Mike via email by clicking here.
Please visit one or both of the links below for more information on WEA and NEA Retired: