FCS Training Series
The Center for Education Quality and the Action Coordinating Team have announced that the FCS Standards are now online. Their objective is to help WEA paraeducator members complete 14 of the 28 required FCS hours for certification for free.
Fall Training Series:
Equity Part B and Communications Part B
- Each class has multiple sessions offered at the same time. The sessions cover the same material.
- WEA will be offering courses in 4 different sessions: Fall - Winter - Spring - Summer
- There is no charge for these courses.
- Clock hours will be provided.
- Courses will be held on Saturdays from 9:00am-1:00pm.
- Class sizes are limited.
*Winter Series dates and registration information will be available in December.
Spring and Summer Series dates and registration information will be posted in 2021.
(FCS 06) PART B: Professionalism, Equity, and Ethics
Objective: Participants will gain an awareness of the legalities, polices, procedure and practices surrounding discrimination and how to respond to such violations. This course is designed to help foster a learning environment that is unbiased, safe and promotes the academic success of all students. It is highly recommended that you complete FCS 01 before taking (FCS 06).
(FCS 11 & 12) PART B: Communications Basics and Challenges
Objective: Participants will gain an understanding of essential communication strategies, conflict management, conflict resolution and how to effectively work in a team environment. This course is designed to help enhance collaboration and communication between paraeducators and other applicable stakeholders that will enhance student success and achievement. It is highly recommended that you complete (FCS 02) prior to taking (FCS 11 & 12).
- Register for December 12, 2020 - FCS 11 & 12 Session 2