WEA STEM Programs
STEM Certificate Renewal Requirement
To renew a certificate, teachers with STEM-related endorsements must complete at least 15 clock hours, the equivalent in credit, or at least one goal from a professional growth plan (PGP) with an emphasis on STEM integration. STEM integration is the combination of at least two STEM components (science, technology, engineering, mathematics). Learn more about the STEM certificate renewal requirement from the Professional Educator Standards Board (PESB). For questions on your individual certificate renewal, contact the OSPI certification office.
Connect with us!
Contact Maren Johnson, Education Policy and Practices Coordinator, for more information on WEA STEM programs.
Registration is a two-step process
- Register for each course using this link: https://forms.washingtonea.org/Forms/pdonline
- Use the registration link in your confirmation email to complete the Zoom registration
You will immediately be directed to the course Zoom information page, including the link to access the course. Save this information. You can also add the event information to your calendar from this page.
Register for each course using the link listed for each course. Select the course you want to register for in the drop down menu. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom pre-registration link. Once registration is full, the course will no longer be available in the drop down menu. We do not maintain a wait list.
Monday, May 29th, 2023
- Last day to register for a course
Monday, June 5th, 2023
- Last day to complete course and submit assignments
Monday, June 19th, 2023
- Last day to complete the Evaluation and Completion Confirmation for clock hours
Friday, June 30th, 2023
- Last day to record clock hours in OSPI eCertification for certificates expiring June 30th, 2023
For certificates expiring this year, the last day to submit an application through OSPI eCertification for certificate renewal is June 30th, 2023. However, WEA needs time to process your clock hours and time to address any issues that may occur, which is why the last date to complete the course is June 5th.