Online Certification Trainings
More certification training information can be found here: https://www.washingtonea.org/pd/certification-licensure/. WEA professional development opportunities are only open to WEA members. If you are a non-member and would like to join, click here to sign up for membership.
WEA Certification Training Opportunities
WEA is offering a series of upcoming trainings to help you navigate your next steps with your certification and professional growth. All trainings are online, open only to WEA members and provide clock hours. There are five different certification offerings:
- Teacher Certification 101, May 5th 4:30-6:30pm (1st session), May 9th or June 7th 4:30-6:30pm (2nd session)
- Free, 2-hour trainings to help educators understand the latest state certification requirements for teachers, CTE teachers and Educational Staff Associates (ESAs)
- Professional Growth Plan (PGP) Support, May 19th 4:30-6:30pm (1st session), May 16th or May 31st 4:30-6:30pm (2nd session), May 19th or June 9th 4:30-6:30pm (3rd session)
- Free, 2-3 hour trainings to support certificated educators to create PGPs for certificate renewal and salary advancement purposes
- National Board Information Sessions, May 23rd 4:30-6:30pm (1st session), April 25th or June 2nd 4:30-6:30pm (2nd session), May 3rd or June 8th 4:30-6:30pm (3rd session)
- Free, 2 hour trainings to support certificated educators considering National Board Certification process through the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- National Board Home Stretch
- $20 registration fee (early registration), for first time candidates planning to submit components in spring, 2022; provides focused small group feedback sessions to candidates on draft components
- National Board Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Jump Start (Parts 1 & 2)
- $20 per event registration fee
- Focus on the new MOC process for renewing one’s National Board certificate; relevant for NBCTs renewing their National Board Certificate during the 2021-22 and 2022-23 candidate cycles
All trainings are led by WEA’s Certification Cadre and National Board trainers. Trainers are all practicing educators and will support you through a variety of online instructional approaches. You can learn more about course content, training dates and register here: https://www.washingtonea.org/pd/certification-licensure
**After each course, in approximately 5 -10 business days, you will receive a course evaluation via email.
Once you've completed and submitted the course evaluation, you will receive your Clock Hour transcript within two weeks.
Please check your spam/junk folders for the emails.**